Finance Coordinator Position
Finance Coordinator Position
- Help build a better Ballarat
- Part time permanent position
- Work with a passionate team
United Way Ballarat and The Ballarat Foundation work to unite our community to break cycles of disadvantage. It is our vision that our community thrives.
We bring together those able to help with those in our community that need help to ensure that:
- every child enters school ready to learn and with an opportunity to prosper
- every young person has the skills and opportunities to prosper in employment
- every child, person or family has the security of home, and continuous access to safe and nutritious food
Our community needs to work together to achieve change by seeking to understand local issues, mobilise resources to respond, act in partnership with the community and influence long-term systems change.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced finance professional to join the team and coordinate the day to day financial operations of the organisation. Working alongside the CEO, you’ll be the key financial person for the team and volunteers and will ensure the effective and efficient management of the organisation’s finances.
You’ll be kept busy:
- Overseeing the entire accounting function and preparing accurate and timely financial accounts
- Maintaining and processing General Ledger entries and reconciliations
- Overseeing all aspects of accounts payable including timely processing and adherence with our Financial Policy
- Liaising with external auditors and preparing information as required
- Assisting in the funding acquittal process
- Managing accurate compensation and some HR administration
- Supporting team members and volunteers to achieve their job requirements
- Working alongside the Office Coordinator to monitor financial compliance for the organisation
Do you have what it takes? You’ll need to demonstrate:
- A passion for the Ballarat community and a commitment to helping build a better Ballarat
- Experience in delivering high level financial reports to key stakeholders
- At least 4 years comprehensive experience as a Bookkeeper
- Proficiency with Xero and Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Information collation and monitoring skills
- Ability to work independently to manage accounts recording and financial reporting of an organisation
- Resilience, initiative, assertiveness, adaptability and a sense of humour
- Previous experience in a not for profit environment will be highly regarded
In return, you’ll work collaboratively with a team committed to and aligned to its values. Your work will be varied, challenging and rewarding. Flexibility, and teamwork are key to this successful team.
A copy of the Position Description is available here
Please provide a Cover Letter, Resume & responses to the Key Selection Criteria as listed in the Position Description.
Further information can be obtained from Wendy Kendall, Office Coordinator United Way & The Ballarat Foundation ph: 03 5331 5555
Applications close 5:00pm Friday 18 May 2018