An evening of Celebration!
THOSE WHO GIVE AND THOSE WHO RECEIVE
To finish off a fantastic year for United Way Ballarat (UWB) and The Ballarat Foundation (TBF), a recent celebration saw Ballarat businesses and individuals recognised for their generosity to the Ballarat community. The evening also provided the opportunity to announce the 25 local projects to receive funding for 2016.
The Top 10 Workplace giving companies and businesses in Ballarat:
- The City of Ballarat is one of our longest-standing supporters who are on track to raise over $13,000 through Workplace Giving(WPG) this year.
- McCain Foods is one of the founding Community Fund businesses and a strong advocate of United Way Ballarat and are on track to raise over $10,000 through WPG this year.
- Haymes Paint a family company who are strong supporters of the community have increased their WPG contributions by a whopping $3600 this year!
- UFS Dispensaries has a long history of supporting United Way Ballarat their WPG rep is their CEO, Lynne McLennan.
- Mars Chocolate Australia is one of the founding Community Fund businesses who are looking forward to strengthening our relationship in 2016.
- C. E. Bartlett is a strong supporter of UWB through the WPG program, sponsorship, and other support.
- Ballarat Grammar School is a long-standing supporter of UWB and the only school in the top 10 highest contributing workplaces in Ballarat.
- FMP Group (Bendix) is one of the original WPG companies, FMP Group has grown its WPG program by 16% this year.
- Child and Family Services does a fantastic job of looking after Ballarat families through its foster care program and supporting vulnerable families. The CAFS staff are also big supporters of the WPG program.
- Telstra Country Wide staff members have more than doubled their WPG contributions since last year!
CEO’s mention awards
- Integra is a sub-fund holder with TBF, and this year started a WPG program. We welcome them to the program.
- Jo Grainger from The City of Ballarat for her tireless promotion of WPG, organising a Christmas Giving tree for 56 children through Centacare and helping the WPG program to grow by 15% at The City of Ballarat.
Five fastest growing workplaces
- Harwood Andrews – 302% growth
- Haymes Paint – 142% growth
- St Francis Xavier College – 120% growth
- Telstra Country Wide – 115% growth
- McCallum Disability Services – 61% growth
There are 25 projects to be funded in 2016
Clemente – Centacare Catholic Diocese of Ballarat
SeeMore Safety Ballarat – KIDS Foundation
Teen League – Aspergers Social Group – Pinarc Disability Support
Aquinas Young Vinnies Kids Camps – Australian Catholic University
Financial Literacy and Advocacy Program – Child and Family Services Ballarat
Creswick Men’s Friendship Shed – Hepburn Health Service
Mercy Connect Ballarat – Mercy Works
Look Good Feel Better Workshops – Cancer Patients Foundation
After-School Learning and Saturday Drop-In – Wendouree West Exodus Community
Ballarat Community Breakfast – Anglicare Victoria
Phoenix College Breakfast Club – Ballarat Christian Fellowship
Ballarat Bi-Annual Autism Expo – Ballarat Autism Network
Mentoring for Education Re-engagement – Big Brothers Big Sisters Ballarat
LARF Program – Salvo Connect Western
Keeping in Touch – Whirled Foundation (was Meniere’s Australia)
Planned Respite Socialisation and Recreation – Centacare Ballarat
ASPIRE – Indigenous Girls Literacy & Aspiration – Aboriginal Literacy Foundation
Victoria Park Inclusive Playspace – Friends of Livvi’s Place Ballarat
Ballarat Brothers Men’s Group – Ballarat & District Aboriginal Cooperative
Safety Assist – WRISC Family Violence Support
Ballarat’s Meals for Homeless People – UnitingCare Ballarat – BreezeWay
125th Volunteer Celebration – The Royal South Street Society
Update of Pre-literacy Resources – Ballarat Toy Library
Children’s Therapy Groups – WRISC Family Violence Support
BeatFit Ballarat – e.motion21
A summary of all these projects can be downloaded here: Funded programs 2016