Volunteers – Working With Children
If you are volunteering in an area working with children, you are very aware of the need for a Working With Children Check (WWCC). However, for those who are new to volunteering, the process to obtain a WWCC can be a little confusing.
When the WWCC was originally introduced, the only way to apply was by filling out a paper form from the Post Office.
Today, the ONLY way to apply is to do so on-line.
It is all explained clearly at www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au/home
Make sure you use their helpful checklist to find out if you actually need a WWCC.
As a volunteer, to lodge an application, you will need to take to a Post Office:
- the printout of your online Application summary
- a photo of passport size and quality (they can usually take these at your local post office)
- original and current proof of identity (POI) documents
What if you don’t have a computer or printer?
- Your local Library may have these you could access
- At Volunteering Ballarat we can help you with your application; Monday, Wednesday or Fridays from 10.00am to 3.00pm.