Volunteer with SecondBite
Community Connect Program Regional Volunteer (ongoing)
SecondBite exists to provide access to fresh, nutritious food for people in need across Australia. We do this by rescuing and redistributing surplus fresh food, building community capacity in food skills and nutrition and advocating for an end to food insecurity.
More information about the program can be found at: www.secondbite.org
- 5 hours per week. Need to be contactable via mobile and email monthly. The role involves some minimal travel (just within Ballarat) to visit community agencies and supermarkets.
The key duties of this role are:
- Communication with local community agencies that run food programs for people in need to provide them with program support.
- Communication and advocacy with local supermarkets to improve their food donations to the community agencies – particularly focusing on donations of fresh produce.
- The above communication is both via phone, email as well as face to face.
Desirable personal skills/qualities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to undertake Advocacy on behalf of local community agencies and people in need
- Ability to negotiate and problem solve in order to maximise program outcomes
- Ability to think creatively and practically about logistic issues related to the program
- Ability to liase between community agencies running food programs (recipients) and local supermarkets in Ballarat (donors) to obtain quality food for people in need
- Ability to use basic Information technology skills.
- Ability to provide support to improve and grow the SecondBite Community Connect program in the region
- An understanding of SecondBite and the Community Connect program is desirable (information available on the SecondBite website)
- An understanding of the Ballarat area, local community agencies and issues facing people in need is desirable.
To apply you will require Character References
If you are interested in this position please contact:Susannah Kennedy Community Connect Co-ordinator email@example.com